2. Information We Collect. When you use our Website, we may receive and collect certain information. The information that we may receive and collect depends on what you do when you visit our Website.
a. Automatically Collected Information. Some information is automatically received and sometimes collected from you when you visit our Website. This information may include some or all of the following items: the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using and the IP address of your Internet Service Provider; the type and version of Internet browser software you use and your operating system; the date and time you access our site, the length of your stay and the specific pages, images, video or forms that you access while visiting the site; the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our Website, and if applicable, the search engine that referred you and any search strings or phrases that you entered into the search engine to find this site; and demographic information concerning the country of origin of your computer and the language(s) used by it. We use this information to monitor the usage of our Website, assess its performance, ensure technological compatibility with your computer, and understand the relative importance of the information provided on our Website. We may also use this data to conduct statistical analyses on visitors’ usage patterns and other aggregated data.
A cookie may enable the website owner to track how a visitor navigates through its website and the areas in which they show interest. This is similar to a traffic report: it tracks trends and behaviors, but does not identify individuals. Information gathered may include date and time of visits, pages viewed, time spent at the site, and the website visited just before and just after a visit to our Website.
Cookies can be set to expire: (1) on a specified date; (2) after a specific period of time; (3) when a transaction has been completed; or (4) when a user turns off his/her Internet browser. A cookie that is erased from memory when a visitor’s Internet browser closes is called a “session” cookie. Cookies that expire based on a time set by the Web server are called “persistent” cookies.
c. Information You May Actively Submit Through Our Website. For most of the browsing on our Website, we neither require nor collect “User Information.” User Information is information that could personally identify you, for example, your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, and credit card information. You can browse our Website and take as much time as you want to review our services without having to submit such User Information. In the following instances, however, we do need you to actively submit User Information when: (1) you want to contact us via electronic means or website submission; (2) you enter a contest or sweepstakes, if one is available; (3) you join our email lists; or (4) you wish to open an account and/or post content to our site. E-mail or other forms of electronic communication, including website submission, are not secure and/or confidential means of communication.
3. Security. We strive to ensure that the Information (as defined below) you share with use is handled in a safe, secure and responsible manner. We have contracted with service providers who have security measures to help protect against loss, unauthorized access and alteration of the information in our control. We will only disclose such Information to employees and authorized service providers who require such information for the purposes described in this Policy. The databases of our service providers are protected by physical, technical, and procedural measures that restrict access to authorized persons in accordance with this Policy. Although no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed 100% secure, and we cannot ensure against any loss, misuse, unauthorized disclosure, alteration, or destruction of data, we take reasonable precautions to prevent such unfortunate occurrences.
4. E-Mail Communications. When you send an email to us, or provide your email address to us, you are communicating with us electronically and consent to receive communication from us electronically. We may retain the content of the email, your email address, and our response in order to service your needs. We may use the data that you provide to send you email or correspondence via other means.
a. Information is subject to disclosure in response to judicial or other governmental subpoenas, warrants and court orders served on us in accordance with their terms, as otherwise required by applicable law, or in response to requests by law enforcement;
c. Information may be disclosed to carefully selected third-party service providers in order to provide services to you, such as to provide customer service; send or email Marketing Communications; maintain our databases and other programs; monitor the activity of our Website; conduct surveys; and administer contests or sweepstakes. We will share your Information with our carefully selected third-party services providers on a confidential basis. These service providers are prohibited from using your Information for any purpose other than providing our services.
6. Linking to Third-Party Website. When you click on links through our Service that takes you to third-party websites, you will be subject to the third parties’ privacy policies. While we support the protection of privacy on the Internet, we are not and cannot be responsible for the actions of any third-party websites. We encourage you to read the posted privacy policies of any and every website you visit, whether you are linking from our Website or browsing on your own.
7. Facebook Connect, Google, and Twitter. Facebook Connect allows you to use your Facebook login information to login into our Service. In using Facebook Connect, you will have the option to pre-populate your profile on our Service with information taken from your Facebook profile. You will also have the option of allowing your activity on the Service generally to be automatically posted to your Facebook profile and feed. In addition to Facebook Connect, you can also register with the Service using your Google Plus or Twitter logins.
8. Access to and Managing Your Information. We believe it is important for you to be able to: (1) find out what Information you have provided to us through our Website or Service; (2) update your Information; and (3) “opt out” of receiving future Marketing Communications. To inquire about your Information, update your Information, or “opt” out of receiving future Marketing Communications, please do one of the following:
a. Send an e-mail with your request and current contact information to email@example.com;
b. Send a request in writing with your current contact information to: [insert].
c. If you send an e-mail or letter request, please be sure to include your full name, address, phone number and e-mail address and indicate the specific nature of your request. If you want to “opt in” or “opt out” of receiving Marketing Communications, specifically what type of Marketing Communication (e.g., e-mail or direct mail) you wish to receive or to stop receiving. This will ensure we identify you correctly in our systems and accurately process your request. We will take appropriate steps to implement your request, but due to production, mailing and system timelines, it may take up to: fifteen (15) business days for e-mails or thirty (30) calendar days for mail. Until that change takes effect, you may still receive or not receive Marketing Communications from us.
d. Also, please note that even though you may have “opted out” of receiving Marketing Communications, you may still receive business-related communications. Please be aware that “opting-out” of certain third party use may prevent us from providing certain services that you request.
a. Send an email with your request and current contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org